It said earlier on Thursday that Saudi authorities should disclose the names of defendants and the charges they face if it want to avoid questions over the "sincerity of judicial proceedings in the kingdom".
"We are indeed horrified by what has happened pursuant to this unfortunate accident and we have taken those measures required for us to resolve this heinous crime", Al-Aiban said of the Khashoggi killing in Arabic, a translation of which was provided by the United Nations.
Allegations of torture against the detainees was denied again by the Saudis, with Mr al Aiban saying "legislation in our country criminalised torture in all forms and aspects" and that if anyone was found to have been tortured then Saudi Arabia "provides them with all means of redress".
Saudi Arabia initially said it had no knowledge of his fateIt has since blamed rogue agents for Khashoggi s death and the kingdom s public prosecutor has charged 11 people over his murder.
Khashoggi was killed in the kingdom's Istanbul Consulate on October 2, 2018, by a team of 15 people consisting of Saudi officials who arrived in Turkey for his murder and a cover-up team also in charge of dismembering Khashoggi's body. More than a month after his death, the Central Intelligence Agency concluded Salman ordered Khashoggi's death.
Aiban said the case against the suspects is ongoing and so far, they have appeared in court for three hearings with their lawyers present.
The news came as Turkey slammed attempts by Saudi Arabia to shut down an worldwide investigation into the journalist's killing.
He added that any demands by foreign countries or bodies to launch an worldwide investigation would be "tantamount to the global community doubting the integrity of our judicial apparatus".
The human rights review coincided with reports from Yemeni military officials that the Saudi-led coalition launched airstrikes which mistakenly killed and wounded forces allied with the government, who the coalition support.