KXIP vs KKR Live Score

He had been struggling with a dependence on painkillers, Carver County lawyer Mark Metz said. An autopsy found he died of an accidental overdose of fentanyl, a synthetic opioid 50 times more powerful than heroin.

Jack Kurtz/ZUMA Press/NewscomPop legend Prince died of a fentanyl overdose in 2016, probably because he bought what he thought was Vicodin on the black market. Several key people had contact with Prince before his death, and were involved in the investigation that followed.

On Thursday, authorities in Minnesota released two years' worth of findings from their investigation into the superstar's death as they announced that no criminal charges would be filed. "The counterfeit pills contain the potentially deadly opioid, fentanyl". The musician had to be revived with two doses of a drug that reverses the effects of an opioid overdose.

There's also photos from inside Prince's Paisley Park vault and a Sinéad O'Connor police interview from May 2016 where she alleged that Prince had a history of drug use and violence towards women.

Additionally, the U.S. Attorney's Office in Minnesota announced a $30,000 civil fine against a local doctor, Michael Todd Schulenberg.

A laboratory report obtained by the AP notes that one of the pills found in a prescription bottle with Johnson's name contained oxycodone. Schulenberg's attorney has disputed that.

But none of his inner circle was able to give investigators the insight they needed to determine where Prince got the fentanyl that killed him.


SIMILAR ARTICLES

loading...

COMMENTS