KXIP vs KKR Live Score

A meal aboard the premium Tejas.Express certainly did not go down well with passengers travelling from Goa to Mumbai yesterday morning. The country's first high-speed Tejas Express boasting of Wi-Fi, LCD screens, and automatic doors, was flagged off on May 22.

Konkan Railway officials confirmed the development and said, "All passengers were deboarded at Chiplun and rushed to government and private hospitals".

A case of food poisoning reported in train no 22120 Tejas Express on date upon information from passengers.

The IRCTC general manager has proceeded to Chiplun for coordination at the hospital for all arrangements for ensuring the passengers comfort and onward movement, IRCTC stated.

IRCTC tweeted that 24 passengers had been admitted to LifeCare hospital for medical assistance.

"The Konkan Railway officials had arranged first aid and ambulances for the passengers".

"Total 300 breakfasts (170 vegetarian and 130 non- vegetarian) were been served", the IRCTC said.

Railways have ordered an inquiry into the incidents and food packets served on board have been sent for investigation. IRCTC Director, Catering services, left for Mumbai from New Delhi headquarters to follow up the matter and take immediate action.

The passengers have the option of selecting vegetarian and non-vegetarian food.

Railway officials are yet to ascertain if the food poisoning was caused due to veg or non-veg breakfast. The report was prepared after inspections at 74 stations and 80 trains, covering the period from 2013 to 2016 and issues of earlier years which could not be reported earlier. As per the new catering policy announced in February 2017, food production and distribution is to be done through different service providers.


COMMENTS