KXIP vs KKR Live Score

"We've had an armed home invasion", the man on the phone says. "They escaped from the prison in Georgia".

The men originally planned to have the woman drive them somewhere in her auto, but when she got in, the vehicle wouldn't start. "Both had, uh, handguns, high-powered handguns". In the call, he consoles his sobbing wife as he describes their harrowing experience.

"They will be brought to justice swiftly for their heinous crime against our Officers", he said, also expressing gratitude to all of the law enforcement officers who provided support and assistance in the search for the two men.

That's when, he gathered all of the weapons in his home in case he would need them. "Just get the police out here as quick as you can".

The suspects fled in the couple's vehicle and fired on sheriff's deputies chasing them on Interstate 24 about 50 miles southeast of Nashville, Tennessee Highway Patrol spokesman Lt. Bill Miller said.

It was the first of four cars they stole on the run, authorities said.

They tried to steal a vehicle from the man who, with the help of his neighbor, held them at gunpoint until they were arrested, ending a three-day long manhunt that spanned 260 miles.

At 6:40 p.m. Hale said he was alerted by friends that the inmates were in the area and had gotten into a shootout with authorities.

"They threatened them that they would be back if they didn't", Swing said. One victim had broken free, but was tied up again, Swing said.

Shortly after, Rowe and Dubose crashed the auto and ran away.

Deputies spotted the auto and chased it for 20 miles (32 kilometers) at high-speed, Tennessee Highway Patrol spokesman Lt. Bill Miller said. At left is Tennessee Bureau of Investigation Director Mark Gwyn, and at right is Rutherford County Sheriff Mike Fitzhugh. At that point Rowe and Dubose fled the scene on foot and ended up at the private home where they were taken into custody. A different homeowner who later spotted the inmates trying to steal his auto held them at gunpoint until officers arrived.

Two Tennessee men are being hailed as heroes for helping authorities capture a pair of murderous fugitives - by holding the duo at gunpoint until deputies arrived.

Donnie Rowe, 43, and Ricky Dubose, 24, were apprehended following a auto chase with police about an hour's drive southeast of Nashville, said Stephen Emmett, a special agent for the Federal Bureau of Investigation in Atlanta.

Rowe and Dubose were booked into the Rutherford County jail in Murfreesboro.

Ricky Myrick, assistant commissioner of the Georgia Department of Corrections, told reporters on Wednesday that the inmates were most recently cellmates at Baldwin State Prison and had been cellmates at other Georgia prisons. The sheriff said the couple was terrified and lucky to be alive.

Police say they forced their way into an elderly couple's home at gunpoint on Kingree Road in Bedford County.

Rowe and Dubose were on a state corrections bus with 31 other prisoners Tuesday morning when the two somehow got out of what should have been a locked, gated rear section of the bus, police said.

Rowe is serving life without parole for armed robbery, the department of corrections said, and Dubose is serving a 20-year sentence for armed robbery.

Monica, 42, a sergeant, worked for the department for nearly eight years and leaves a wife.

"Both officers were known for their unwavering commitment to their job and their love of family", the Georgia Department of Corrections said in a statement.