The lone gunman who was caught on the Casino's CCTV firing shots at the ceiling and setting gaming tables ablaze in Friday's deadly attack has been identified as Jessie Carlos Javier, a 42-year old Filipino.
"On this note, we also reiterate our prior statements that this is not an act of terrorism, but an incident confined to the act of one man alone, as we have always said", Albayalde said.
"Biktima rin po kami (We are also victims)", the mother said.
"He could have killed hundreds of people inside that establishment".
"He is heavily indebted due to being hooked in casino gambling according to his immediate family", he added.
"The CCTV (footage) shows that he parked his auto, took out his gun and directly went inside Resorts World", Albayalde said on Friday.
For his part, Mr. Albayalde later said in a televised press conference that authorities have finally identified Mr. Carlos after the gunman's identity was confirmed by family members, who joined Mr. Albayalde at the news briefing.
Duterte on Saturday night visited the wake of some of the victims at the Veronica Memorial Chapel and the Rizal Funeral Homes in Pasay City, and the Heritage Park in Taguig City where the wake of Elizabeth Panlilio Gonzales, wife of Pampanga Rep. Aurelio "Dong" Gonzales Jr., is being held. Dozens were killed during the attack, mostly from smoke inhalation after the gunman set fires inside.Читайте также: Video Emerges Of Kabul Truck Bomb That Killed, Wounded Hundreds
"The incident in the Resorts World Manila is, thus, an isolated case, which does not constitute rebellion or invasion, which are the grounds for the declaration of martial law, as prescribed by the Constitution and which the President is sworn to abide by and protect when he took his oath of office", Abella said.
He was found dead around 7 a.m. local time, according to a statement from the resort.
The Strait Times reported that Albayalde said Carlos' family said he had been hooked on gambling and was in debt by at least four million pesos, the US equivalent of $111,897.
He is seen shooting through several thick white doors, breaking down one of them at 12.18am on Friday, only 11 minutes after his arrival.
The footage shows the attacker entering an elevator with two women behind him, shortly after arrival.
Carlos exchanged gunfire with a couple of hotel guards in the basement of the hotel.
He ransacked a room and stole gaming chips totaling 113 million pesos ($2.3 million), Philippine National Police Chief Ronald Dela Rosa said. Gomez said the gunman was shot in the leg, but after walking up a couple steps, the assailant walks back down to casually shut the door - nearly as if he had left it open by mistake.
Carlos set alight many gambling tables in what police said was probably an attempt to create a diversion so he could escape. He made his way to a fifth-floor room, where he shot and kicked the door until it opened, footage showed. "All of the indications point to a criminal act that was carried out by a man who was disturbed", he said.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.